Wireless Networking FAQ Do I Secure a WLAN?
There are lots of methods to secure your WLAN
Data security, which just provides use of data to authorized users over your wireless network
User authentication, which recognizes computers attempting to access the system
Secure friends and visitors access
Control systems, which protect other products and the notebooks that utilize the community.
Wireless Networking FAQ: What Gear Do I Want?
They link multiple computers (and instant-ready models) to your simple WLAN and also to the Web.
By putting extra instant access points in several locations you may increase WLANs throughout a place. The entry points increase the selection and power of the wireless transmission.
Many laptops have integral wireless network. You will need a radio network adapter card, that is usually cheap and simple to install if yours does not.
Wireless Networking FAQ?
WLANs are often offered in public areas for example airport lounges, and bars, resorts. Additionally, many companies have wireless systems throughout grounds or their office properties for visitor and worker use.
Wireless Networking FAQ Much Does the Signal Reach?
Entry point is or a wireless modem sign usually runs up to approximately 300 feet.
A wired network connects or other systems and devices using cables. Some thought wired networks were much more and faster secure than WLANs. But these differences have been mostly removed by continuous improvements to WLAN standards and systems.
What's a wireless modem?
It is a system which allows highspeed Internet access utilizing a WIFI system.
Do I require a phone line?
Not for surfing the Internet you dont. With our high speed Internet access, most people replace their phones with one of our state of the art Voice over IP home or business phone lines.
Do I require any other company than SkyLinkFiber.net?
No, we are the complete service solution company.
What is the difference between DSL, Cable, and Wireless Internet?
The only difference between DSL, Cable, and Wireless is that both DSL and Cable require a physical cable that extends from the phone pole outside or underground. All digital High Speed Wireless Internet eliminates all the potential places you could have problems by going directly from our tower to you.
Where do I obtain the cable modem I want for my web connection?
What is the process for getting High Speed Wireless Internet from SkyLinkFiber.net?
Simply signup online or call our 24 hour, 7 day a week number and you will be given an installation time and date.
Do I need to be home when the technician installs?
Yes, we require at least 1 person over the age of 18 to be around during the installation. This makes sure that the Internet is running before we leave and you are happy with your new Internet.
Are all computers and all devices supported?
You bet, all devices are supported. We support Macs, Windows, and Linux computers and networks.
Terms of Service and Conditions
Terms of Service and Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE AND CONDITIONS ("TERMS") CAREFULLY PRIOR TO USING SKYLINKFIBER.NET'S SERVICES. THEIR SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE FOR USE ONLY ON THE CONDITION THAT YOU AGREE COMPLETELY TO THESE TERMS. BY ACCESSING OR USING THEIR SERVICES, YOU AND THE ENTITY YOU ARE AUTHORIZED TO REPRESENT ("YOU" OR "YOUR") AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS, DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THEIR SERVICES.
1.1 SKYLINKFIBER.NET agrees to provide Customer with access to the computer network known as the Internet via a wireless radio link to Customer’s location.
2.1 ISP Equipment. SKYLINKFIBER.NET will provide and retain ownership of:
- a) 1 radio/antenna, mounting hardware to attach the radio/antenna to the customer’s premises
- b) 1 Power over Ethernet Box
- c) Cable to connect the radio/antenna to the customer’s equipment.
- d) Router if leased from SKYLINKFIBER.NET
2.2 Customer Equipment. Customer will provide or install and retain ownership of:
- a) Personal computer(s) with operating systems and hardware that meet minimum recommended requirements.
- b) If connecting a single computer, a network interface card. If connecting multiple computers, a local area network and any networking devices (e.g. Ethernet hub or switch) to be connected via a single point to the cable supplied by SKYLINKFIBER.NET.
- c) Firewall(s), anti-virus software or other network and computer security measures. SKYLINKFIBER.NET assumes no liability for customer equipment or property damaged by natural calamities such as high winds or lightning.
- d) Router if purchased from SKYLINKFIBER.NET
2.3 Access to Customer’s Premises. Customer authorizes SKYLINKFIBER.NET and its employees, contractors and representatives to install, inspect, maintain, repair, replace or remove equipment SKYLINKFIBER.NET installs at Customer’s premises. SKYLINKFIBER.NET may limit or suspend the availability of service to perform necessary maintenance or upgrades. If Customer does not own premises, Customer assumes complete responsibility for obtaining any necessary permission from the owner of the premises.
2.4 Equipment Relocation. Customer understands that relocation of the equipment may affect SKYLINKFIBER.NET’s ability to supply service. If Customer deems that equipment needs to be moved, Customer will contact SKYLINKFIBER.NET prior to making changes, and understands that additional costs will be incurred. Customer also understands that changes in the environment, such as building construction or changes in the use of the radio frequency spectrum, may affect SKYLINKFIBER.NET’s ability to supply service.
- Payment Terms
3.1 Charges. Charges for the Services are due no later than the 20th of each month by Customer. SKYLINKFIBER.NET invoices are electronically sent to Customer’s personal e-mail address on the 24th of each month for the following month of service. Customer may be required to pay a deposit before services are provided. SKYLINKFIBER.NET may increase charges upon notice to Customer. Charges will continue to accumulate on your account regardless of interruptions until the complete equipment set-up is returned to our office or until the account is sent to collections.
3.2 Taxes. Customer is liable for, and shall reimburse SKYLINKFIBER.NET and indemnify SKYLINKFIBER.NET harmless from all local, state, federal, and non-United States taxes or similar assessments or charges (including and interest any penalties imposed), other than taxes based on the net income of SKYLINKFIBER.NET, relating to this Agreement or the sale, transfer of ownership, use or revision of the services. Customer also will be responsible for paying any sales, license and use taxes, fees, or assessments levied by any local, state, or federal government or governmental agency with respect to the provision of services and products under this Agreement. Customer will pay and be solely liable for all taxes, fees and charges levied directly upon it.
3.3 Pass-Through Expenses. SKYLINKFIBER.NET may pass through and invoice to Customer any new or increased fees, assessments, taxes or other charges imposed on or required to be collected by SKYLINKFIBER.NET by any governmental agency.
- Term. The initial term of this Agreement shall be as agree to by the parties otherwise the Agreement will be on a month-to-month term, unless one of the parties to this Agreement provides written notice of intent not to renew for the forthcoming term not less than 5 days prior to the expiration of the then-current term.
- Use Policies. You shall not use the Services for any illegal, fraudulent, improper, or abusive purpose or in any way that interferes with SKYLINKFIBER.NET's ability to provide high quality Services to other customers, prevents or restricts other customers from using the Services, or damages any SKYLINKFIBER.NET's or other customers' property. If SKYLINKFIBER.NET finds that you are using the Services for anything other than the permitted uses in this Agreement or for any of the prohibited uses in this Agreement, SKYLINKFIBER.NET may at its sole discretion terminate your Service and charge you any applicable fees for the Services used plus damages caused by your improper use. Prohibited uses include, but are not limited to:
- Behavior that is illegal, obscene, threatening, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive fraudulent, malicious, infringing, tortious, or invasive of another's privacy.
- Sending unsolicited messages or advertisements, including email, voicemail, SMS, or faxes (commercial or otherwise) ("spamming"), or otherwise sending bulk and/or junk email, voice mail, SMS, or faxes.
- Harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others, including email addresses, without their consent.
- Negligently, recklessly, knowingly, or intentionally transmitting any material that contains viruses, time bombs, trojan horses, worms, malware, spyware, or any other programs that may be harmful or dangerous.
- Creating a false Caller ID identity ("ID spoofing") or forged email/SMS address or header, or otherwise attempting to mislead others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of any communication made using the Services.
- Transmitting any material that may infringe, misappropriate, or otherwise violate the foreign or domestic intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties.
- Violating any U.S. or foreign law regarding the transmission of technical data or software exported through the Services.
- Utilizing the Services in excess of what, in SKYLINKFIBER.NET's sole discretion, would be expected of normal use.
- Using the Services in any way that interferes with other customers' and third parties' use and enjoyment of the Services or use the Services in any manner which disrupts, prevents or restricts any other customer from using the Services.
- Using or employing methods and/or devices that are designed or likely to take advantage of, bypass, exploit, or otherwise avoid this Use Policy.
- Using the Applications or Services to store PHI on a non-temporary basis.
- (If You are a HIPAA-Covered Entity) using the our Services to transmit, receive, or store PHI without subscribing to our SKYLINKFIBER.NET HIPAA plan you may not be compliant with federal law.
- You further understand and agree that:
- You shall be solely liable for any transmissions sent and data stored through the Services under
your Account, including the content of any transmission sent and data stored through the Services under your Account.
- You will abide by all applicable SKYLINKFIBER.NET policies, procedures, and agreements related to the Services.
- You shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Services, through password mining or any other means.
- Under ORS 163.693 we are obligated to report to law enforcement if we come across anything that appears to be a visual recording of a child involved in sexually explicit conduct.
- Your use of the Services is subject to all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations (including without limitation those governing account collection, export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, securities laws, and false advertising).
- NET reserves the right to add to, modify or amend this Use Policy at any time for any reason at its sole discretion.
- Publicity Rights. You agree that SKYLINKFIBER.NET may identify you as a user of the Services in its business deals; press releases; marketing materials; electronic, printed, and broadcast advertising; newsletters; mailings; tradeshows; other promotional materials; on SKYLINKFIBER.NET's website; or any other third-party website where SKYLINKFIBER.NET or its designated agents may promote the Services. You hereby grant SKYLINKFIBER.NET and its agents an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, fully paid-up, royalty-free license (with right to sublicense) to use, reproduce, publish, and display your name, trademarks, service marks, designs, logos, and symbols in connection with such purpose.
- Non-disparagement. You agree not to directly or indirectly through a third party engage in any conduct or make any communication (public or private) that disparages SKYLINKFIBER.NET or the Applications or Services in any way. Such communications include, but are not limited to, publishing, posting, printing, disseminating, or otherwise making such disparaging statements on or through the Internet, in any blog, or through any other form of social media. You further agree not to solicit or encourage, directly or indirectly, any such statements, comments, or communications by any third-party. In accordance with the termination provisions below, SKYLINKFIBER.NET may terminate your access to the Applications or Services if you breach the requirements of this section.
- Copyright Infringement. Materials may be made available via the Service by third parties not within our control. We are under no obligation to, and do not, review content transmitted, sent, or received using the Applications or Services for purposes of determining copyright infringement. However, SKYLINKFIBER.NET reserves the right to terminate access to its Applications or Services if a user infringes on others' copyrights, and will, in appropriate circumstances, terminate access to the Applications or Services if SKYLINKFIBER.NET determines that a user is a repeat infringer.
- Indemnification. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you shall indemnify and hold harmless, individually and collectively, SKYLINKFIBER.NET, its affiliates, agents, resellers, and other providers who furnish goods and services to you in connection with the Services, and their officers, directors, managers, employees, and shareholders (the "Indemnified Parties") from and against any and all liability, claims, losses (including loss of profits, revenue and goodwill), damages, fines, penalties, injuries to persons or property, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and dispute resolution expenses) arising from or related to (1) the use of or reliance upon the Applications or Services by you or any third party acting upon your permission, knowledge, authority or direction, (2) a breach of this Agreement by you, (3) any negligent acts, omissions to act or willful misconduct by you or any third party acting with your permission, knowledge, authority or direction, (4) the inability to use the Applications or Services or failure or outage of the Applications or Services for any reason, including, (5) the use of the Applications or Services in connection with a violation of any applicable law, code, regulation, or ordinance, and/or (6) the misappropriation, breach, violation, or infringement of any right, title or interest of any third party, including but not limited to, contractual rights, intellectual property rights (including patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret rights), rights of privacy, and rights of publicity and personality.
10.1 Termination by SKYLINKFIBER.NET. In addition to any other rights it may have under this Agreement or applicable law, SKYLINKFIBER.NET may, at its option, immediately terminate this Agreement upon (i) nonpayment; (ii) Customer's failure to comply with any other obligation of Customer pursuant to this Agreement, including but not limited to, failure to comply with any provision of the Acceptable Use Policy; (iii) Customer ceasing to do business in the normal course, becoming or declared insolvent or bankrupt; (iv) Inability to achieve or maintain line of sight or other radio spectrum requirements to provide reliable service to Customer’s premises with SKYLINKFIBER.NET’s radios; or (v) any attempt by Customer to derive any source code from SKYLINKFIBER.NET's services or products. The speed and reliability of wireless connections is dependent upon many uncontrollable factors, including but not limited to, electromagnetic interference, antenna placement, and physical obstructions. Termination pursuant to this section may occur without prior notice to Customer.
10.2 Termination by Customer. Customer may terminate this Agreement in the event of a material breach by SKYLINKFIBER.NET of its obligations under this Agreement where such breach is not cured within 30 days after SKYLINKFIBER.NET is notified of the breach in writing by Customer. In the event of such a termination, Customer shall pay the Charges for the Services used by Customer prior to the termination date. If customer cancels before contract is expired there will be a termination fee of $150.00 or the remainder of the contract, whichever is greater. If balance is not paid within 45 days the account will go to collections.
10.3 Rights and Obligations on Termination. On termination, SKYLINKFIBER.NET shall have no further obligation to provide its Services to Customer. Without relieving Customer of its obligations hereunder, on termination, Customer shall, (i) pay and remain liable for all amounts due SKYLINKFIBER.NET hereunder; and (ii) return to SKYLINKFIBER.NET all radios, software, access keys and any other property provided to Customer by SKYLINKFIBER.NET for no charge. If a service technician will need to remove the equipment there is a fee up to $65.00 for uninstalling. SKYLINKFIBER.NET reserves all available rights and remedies following termination. Notwithstanding any termination, the rights and obligations of both parties under Sections 3, 9, 13, 14, 15, 18 and 19 shall survive such termination.
- High Risk Activities. The service provided is not fault-tolerant and is not intended for use in environments requiring fail-safe measures, including but not limited to operation of nuclear facilities, air traffic control, and direct life support, in which failure could result in severe damage, personal injury or death.
- Computer Security Risks. All computers connected to the Internet are at risk of the system’s security being compromised. Computers that are always online when the computer is powered up (as can occur with the service provided under this agreement) may be at greater risk than computers intermittently connected to the Internet. SKYLINKFIBER.NET assumes no liability for the security of Customer computer systems and encourages Customer to take precautions that could include but not be limited to firewalls and anti-virus software.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. SKYLINKFIBER.NET SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO THE CUSTOMER WHATSOEVER FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSS OF REVENUE, OR LOSS OF BUSINESS SUFFERED BY CUSTOMER, ASSIGNEE, OR OTHER TRANSFEREE OF THE OTHER. THIS PROVISION APPLIES EVEN IF THE PARTY IS INFORMED IN ADVANCE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SKYLINKFIBER.NET SHALL ALSO NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF DATA RESULTING FROM DELAYS, NON-DELIVERIES, MISDELIVERIES OR SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS. SKYLINKFIBER.NET SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DELAY, FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE OR INTERRUPTION OF THE PROVISION OF THE SERVICES TO CUSTOMER. THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE SERVICES SHALL BE A CREDIT OF CHARGES INVOICED TO CUSTOMER IN THE MONTH IN WHICH THE DAMAGES AROSE.
- NO WARRANTIES. SKYLINKFIBER.NET PROVIDES THE SERVICES AND PRODUCTS AS IS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. SKYLINKFIBER.NET DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR ANY WARRANTY ARISING OUT OF USE OF TRADE, COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. CUSTOMER SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SELECTION, USE AND SUITABILITY OF THE SERVICES AND PRODUCTS AND SKYLINKFIBER.NET SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY THEREFORE. SKYLINKFIBER.NET DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE SERVICES WILL MEET CUSTOMER'S REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE SERVICES WILL PREVENT UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS BY THIRD PARTIES.
- Governing Law and Dispute Resolution.
15.1 Applicable Law. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Oregon, without regard to the choice of law provisions that would cause the application of a law of another jurisdiction.
15.2 Mediation. If a dispute or difference of any kind shall arise between SKYLINKFIBER.NET and Customer in connection with, or arising out of, the terms of this Agreement, including the interpretation, performance, non-performance, or termination thereof, the parties shall attempt to settle the dispute in the first instance through mutual discussions. If the dispute has not been resolved in the first instance through mutual discussions over the course of 60 days, the parties shall endeavor to settle the dispute or difference by mediation under the Mediation Rules of the American Arbitration Association prior to any recourse to arbitration as set forth below.
- Reselling/Transfer and Assignment.
16.1 Reselling/Transfer and Assignment of Services. Customer shall not resell, exchange, donate or share security keys or router access outside of the immediate address where internet service is installed or charge others to use the Services provided herein. Customer may not sell, assign, or transfer any of its rights or obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of SKYLINKFIBER.NET.
16.2 Network Assignments are non-portable. Networks assigned from SKYLINKFIBER.NET's net-block are non-portable. Network space allocated by SKYLINKFIBER.NET must be returned to SKYLINKFIBER.NET in the event that Customer discontinues service.
16.3 Security Keys and Router Access. If SKYLINKFIBER.NET finds your router unsecured or keys are shared in any manner or form, SKYLINKFIBER.NET has the right to shut off the account or charge a $50.00 Service Fee to configure or change the security key.
- Monitoring of Service. SKYLINKFIBER.NET has no obligation to monitor the service, but may do so as part of ongoing efforts to improve the service provided or at the direction of law enforcement officials or under the order of a court of law.
- Proprietary Rights; No Implied Licenses. SKYLINKFIBER.NET grants Customer a non-exclusive, non-transferable limited license to use the Services provided hereunder solely for the term of this Agreement. All rights in or to Services, including but not limited to, intellectual property or similar rights, belong exclusively to SKYLINKFIBER.NET, whether or not they are embedded in any Services.
- Acceptable Use Policy. The Services may be used only for lawful purposes. Use of SKYLINKFIBER.NET's products and services must comply with the then-current version of SKYLINKFIBER.NET's Acceptable Use Policy ("Policy"); available at the URL http://www.Skylinkfiber.net/tos SKYLINKFIBER.NET reserves the right to change the Policy at any time without notice to customer. SKYLINKFIBER.NET's Policy will be effective upon posting to the URL. SKYLINKFIBER.NET reserves the right to suspend the service or terminate this Agreement effective upon notice for a violation of the Policy. Customer acknowledges that Customer is responsible for enforcing the Acceptable Use Policy and this agreement in its entirety for all persons who use the service provided to Customer.
- Force Majeure. SKYLINKFIBER.NET shall not be in default of this Agreement or liable for any delay, failure of performance or interruption of Services to Customer resulting, directly or indirectly, from any weather conditions, radio frequency spectrum interference, natural disasters, acts of nature, action of any governmental or military authority, failure caused by telecommunication or other Internet provider(s), or other force or occurrence beyond its control.
- Miscellaneous Provisions. Any claims arising under this Agreement must be brought no later than one year after accrual or such claims shall be deemed waived. Failure by a party to enforce any provisions of this Agreement or any rights or remedies shall in no way be considered to be waiver of such provisions, rights or remedies, or to, in any way, affect the validity of this Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties and supersedes all prior negotiations and writings. If any provision contained in this Agreement is found to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected. No waiver, modification or amendment of this Agreement shall be effective or enforceable unless in writing and signed by both parties, except as otherwise provided herein. This Agreement may be executed in any number of counterparts, each of which shall be deemed an original, but all of which together shall constitute the same instrument.
- ACCEPTANCE THROUGH USE. USE OF SKYLINKFIBER.NET SERVICES CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. THIS AGREEMENT, IN ADDITION TO THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY, CONSTITUTES THE ENTIRE AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE PARTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES TO BE PROVIDED HEREUNDER. THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT BE CONTRADICTED, EXPLAINED, OR SUPPLEMENTED BY ANY WRITTEN OR ORAL STATEMENTS, PROPOSALS, REPRESENTATIONS, ADVERTISEMENTS, SERVICE DESCRIPTIONS, PRODUCT BROCHURES, MARKETING MATERIALS, OR CUSTOMER PURCHASE ORDER FORMS NOT EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT OR AN ATTACHMENT.
- AUTHORIZATION. Customer represents and agrees that it has the right to enter into this agreement and that the person signing this agreement has the authority to sign. SKYLINKFIBER.NET represents and agrees that it has the right to enter into this agreement and that the person signing this agreement has the authority to sign.
- Installation Process. Skylinkfiber.net is going to install High Speed Internet Access at your residence/business. If you are a renter and not the owner of the structure where installation will be done, you agree that you have permission from the owner and/or take full responsibility for the Internet installation. Our installers will place a 3/8's inch to 1/2 inch hole through the side of the house or business structure to install a piece of Ethernet cable. We will be mounting an antenna/radio on the structure (roof penetration is a last resort). We will install a Power-Over-Ethernet box with its power adapter and a Wireless Router (when rented or purchased from SKYLINKFIBER.NET), inside the home. Our highly trained technicians will install with extreme caution but sometimes problems arise that are beyond our control, and we will not be held responsible.
- Acknowledgment. By continuing to use our service after the posting of this agreement you are hereby agreeing to this new Terms of Service and Conditions
If there is ever an issue, or if you have questions regarding your Internet connection, please contact our 24-hour Technical Support to troubleshoot the issue. We want to ensure that you are a happy and satisfied customer. All billing matters will be taken care of during regular business hours.